Attendance and punctuality is extremely important as education lays the vital foundations of a child’s life. Regular and punctual attendance at school is key to both academic and social development, which in turn will improve the life chances of children and young people.
It is vital that your child arrives at school on time as learning begins as soon as the children arrive in their classroom. Children who arrive late often feel very unsettled entering the classroom when all other children are busily working.
If your child does arrive late they must go to the school office to be registered.
Good attendance at school is really important because:
• statistics show a direct link between under-achievement and poor attendance;
• regular attenders make better progress, both socially and academically;
• regular attenders find school routines and school work easier to cope with;
• regular attenders find learning more satisfying;
• regular attenders have an easier transfer to secondary school.
Our school aim is to have 96% attendance. Attendance is monitored closely.
If your child is going to be absent from school, please ring the school office as early as possible on 0116 288 4135 so absences can be recorded correctly.