What is Parents’ Voice
Water Ley’s Parent Voice is an open forum for all parents and carers to constructively discuss ways in which we can support the school, and each other. Parent Voice is a collaboration between parents and the school. Parent Voice sits alongside the fundraising group and liaises with the governing body, school leadership and school staff. Meetings should focus upon key agenda items agreed between the Chair and the school’s Leadership Team. Parents’ Voice meetings are not intended to be a forum for raising personal grievances. The school has policies and procedures to allow parents to raise these and for them to be investigated in a timely, thorough manner.
Parents Voice Chair
The current Chair of Parents Voice is Mr Mitesh Vaghela.
Mitesh has lived in Wigston nearly all of his life and was taught at Water Leys many years ago. He has one child at the school with another to follow soon. Mitesh is also an active member of the Friends of Water Leys fundraising group and a current Parent Governor.
Water Leys Primary School Parents Voice Terms of Reference
As a result, no member is elected to participate, yet elected Parent Governors are welcome to attend and staff as/if the agenda is relevant to their role or of interest.
The main roles/responsibilities are:
* To aid communication with parents by being a port of call for specific matters that may arise throughout the year
* To review projects planned by the Head Teacher through the School Development Plan
* To contribute to the school’s self-evaluation processes
* To raise queries and suggestions as to policies and processes, this supporting the School Leadership Team in making the school as effective as possible.
Outcomes from Parent Voice will be shared via:
* Newsletter items on Weduc
* Minutes published via the Water Leys Primary School website
* Action points raised will be followed up and shared to parents via Weduc and Parents Voice meetings.
Key agenda items will be agreed between the Headteacher and the Chair in advance of the meeting. Other matters for consideration should be brought to the attention of the Chair or School Office at least 48 hours before the meeting takes place.
Permanent Members of Parents Voice
Headteacher– Mr M Westmoreland
Chair – Mr M Vaghela